Tuesday, September 2, 2008

LCD interface

Arduino is a amazing staff that I have learn from this project. Fortunately, the Arduino coding is not hard to understand but hardly to type them out line by line...T_T With the help of Steven, my counter which called printIn() is working well.
For my counter installation, I need a LCD interface as a counter to show the number of printed paper. I have bought a mini LCD display from Jaycar. Need to check it out with Doug tomorrow in class, hope it is the right one suits for Arduino and not too complex to figure out in coding & something else. Now looking through some tutorial for wiring the LCD to Arduino microcontroller board. Actually, still have no idea that if I need a breadboard to connect the LCD and Arduino.

Arduino-LCD library
Useful Arduino tutorial

After checking the product with Doug, I realized that I can not operate it without a completely introduction of the product. And I ought to get the same one with the Arduino tutorial online and then I can follow the tutorial step by step to achieve my aim. However, when I get the similar LCD with 14 pins, I found that it maybe a bit late to get a Arduino shield kit board to control the LCD and connect it to the Arduino board. The counter display concept is going to be failed without a LCD display for the installation. In that case, I have to change my concept.


LCD Display Panel 2 Line 16 Character Wide Viewing Angle:

No comments: