Monday, August 25, 2008

Paper cut


User Environmental Impact - Summary
  • Highlights the environmental impact of the printing of all users in your organization (ranked)
  • Useful for drawing users' attention to their printing habits
My initial idea for this project is setting up an installation to persuade people to stop wasting paper and make a contribution to recycling paper in the school. After discussing with Kah, I am going to focus on the printer. The program called Papercut Kah showed me is quite interesting and really amazing. The most important part Papercut attracts me is it counts each user's environmental impact and shows the appropriated data. However, these data are not showing on the user's computer interface. If my installation is capable to show these data in front of user's eyes, it will be cool. My concept is the data appears beside the credit label while each paper printing out.

No comments: